Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Proclaiming Annihilation is for Old People

How do you resurrect a blog that isn’t quite dead? Eat the brains of the elderly.

On my way into work the other morning I passed an oncoming police cruiser. Lights were off, possibly patrolling the neighborhood, but in the cruiser sat two male police officers. What’s the catch, you say? They were surprisingly old. Old police officers. I’d give up my right to remain silent to see both of these dudes come across a shootout or some kind of robbery gone awry.

Here is the beginning of a list of movies that I believe are more enjoyable than the original. These were the highlights of the series. These movies out-performed their predecessors or successors as I see it. I hope you all agree.

  • Airplane II: The Sequel
  • Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
  • Psycho II
  • Superman III
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
  • Rambo: First Blood Part II
  • Return to Oz
  • Day of the Dead
  • Rocky IV
  • Poltergeist II: The Other Side
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
  • Beverly Hills Cop II
  • Teen Wolf Too
  • Ghostbusters II
  • The Karate Kid, Part III
  • Back to the Future Part II
  • Christmas Vacation
  • Gremlins 2: The New Batch
  • Robocop 2
  • Child's Play 2
  • The Neverending Story II: The Next Chapter
  • Teanage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze
  • Terminator 2: Judgment Day
  • Honey I Blew Up The Kid
  • Army of Darkness
  • Addams Family Values
  • Die Hard: With A Vengeance
  • Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
  • Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
  • Toy Story 2
  • X-Men 2: X-Men United
  • Scary Movie 4
  • Ocean’s Thirteen
  • AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requiem
  • The Dark Knight

4 comments:

JesseArg! said...

yes! resurrection!


also: Godfather II, duh.

Drake Whalterson said...

But I’ve only seen Godfather I. But per your recommendation, I will see the sequel.

Patrick said...

editorial note - Craig was wrong about these movies:

- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Day of the Dead
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
- Ghostbusters II
- Back to the Future Part II
- Teanage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze
- Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Toy Story 2
- AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requiem

Drake Whalterson said...

Upon viewing the movies I was wrong about, I’d like to issue this statement: I was, in fact, not wrong about the choices I made. Please enjoy these movies as much as I do. Thank you.