Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fall Fashions!

Let's discuss fall fashions. Yes, it's MUCH more complicated than we think. I hope this is more of a discussion than just me making one post. Let's think....thermal shirts or flannel shirts? Pullover hoodies versus zip-ups? When you go outside, hooded sweatshirt or light jacket? As far as jackets, denim or leather? Once it gets cold, winter coat or your fall jacket over a sweatshirt? And Jesus Christ, what about scarves?! So many possibilities! Yes, this is my first post in a while, and it should have been filled with more interesting things, but this is VERY important. Also, let me just say that wearing a thermal shirt under a t shirt looks coolest with black jeans. Anything else makes you look LAME. Here is what Arthur has to say about it....

2 comments:

Joe said...

Flannel, duh. I like the separate pockets of zip up hoodies, but don't like the weird zipper bulge that you get, that's a toss up. You totally forgot SWEATERS. I need to buy more of those things this fall. Skinny people can't wear leather jackets. Seriously. Only big guys that own motorcycles can get away with leather jackets. I think winter hats should be discussed as well. Standard winter hat, folded, or a shorter one that doesn't fold up? Or something with fur and flaps? Earmuffs? Headbands?

P.S. Flannel pajamas under jeans is way better than thermals. It's like wearing a blanket all day.

Drake Whalterson said...

I can safely agree with most of what Joe and Patrick have said, but I certainly can't see myself wearing a scarf. If you have a weird neck, or you're proud of your Adam's Apple, don't hide it. Even if it's cold.

And that's why I personally like hoodies. Because the hood part of the sweatshirt, if worn correctly, will cover one half of your neck. It's not science—it's just a fact.

When it gets REALLY cold, I prefer thermals under my pantaloons. I don't own many “skinny” jeans, but I can't see how you wouldn't want thermals in the dead of winter. Tuck that shit into your socks and suddenly you're a superhero in disguise. The real question is, underwear or no underwear when wearing thermals? I wear boxers so, yeah, there's some bunching going on.

A good winter hat is essential. I like the kind you fold up or the kind that doesn't fold. The more the better. But only one at a time.

I own a leather jacket that I don't wear much. It's small. It's the kind of jacket you pull out when you're ready for someone to make comment about it. But typically I prefer function over form. It doesn't really matter what it is, if it keeps me warm, it's considered. This includes flannel, or heavy cotton.